Whether you think with a head or your heart, your success, as a park and recreation professional depends upon your ability to understand what drives those around you from political decision-makers to citizen activists. Learn techniques to “sell” your programs, parks, budget requirements or ideas to anyone – no matter how rational or radical their thinking may be.
Duration: 1.25 hours
You will learn:
- Five simple steps to developing an effective communications plan
- How to overcome common objections such as “Put it in writing,” “It’s not in the budget,” and “Not in my back yard.”
- How to use statistics and facts to quickly grab the attention of any audience.
- Simple ways to turn mundane information into eye-catching graphics.
- Where to instantly find most of the information you need to support your idea or project
Session Format: Lecture, small group discussion, audience participatio
Target Audience: All
CEU Session: Yes
Speaker: Jodi Rudick
Equipment: VCR/TV, Flip Chart, LCD Projector