It’s Not What You Know, It’s Who You Know
Networking and word of mouth advertising are the most cost-effective, misunderstood forms of marketing today. Turn every member of your park and recreation staff, board or commission into walking, talking “Ambassadors” for your department. This program’s focus will be on beginning and building ongoing win-win relationships with current and future community leaders and patrons. Learn how to get more out of every meeting, seminar and conference -- including this one!
Needs Assessment: Almost all Park and recreation agencies have limited funds available to market and promote their agency. Professionals and citizens, alike, need to become “Power Schmoozers” in order to influence decision makers, leaders and advocates.
Duration: 1.25 hours
You will learn:
- How to talk to strangers without fainting, sweaty palms and butterflies
- Conversation and follow-up techniques to make this the most effective and important conference you have ever attended
- 17 ways to become unforgettable
- Self introduction skills to captivate new contacts
- How to recognize and avoid Nightmare Networkers
Session Format: Lecture, small group discussion, audience participation
Target Audience: All
CEU Session: Yes
Proposed Chair: Jodi can chair her own session or will gladly work with your suggesed Session Chairperson
Speaker: Jodi Rudick
Equipment: VCR/TV, Flip Chart, LCD Projector