Do you see seasonal employees a necessary evil or valuable agency assets? Almost every park and recreation agency goes through the annual process recruiting and keeping effective seasonal staff. This session will guide you through five steps to successfully hire, train and retain young people and senior staff using rewards and motivation.
Duration: 1.5 to 6 hours
You will learn:
- How to successfully recruit and retain seasonal staff – both paid and unpaid.
- Where to look for qualified, enthusiastic applicants.
- Dozens of questions to ask when interviewing potential candidates.
- How to recruit people of every generation: Veterans, Baby Boomers, Generation Xers and Generation Nexters
- Trends and tips to reward positive behavior with little or no budget
Session Format: Lecture, small group discussion, audience participation
Target Audience: All
CEU Session: Yes
Speaker: Jodi Rudick
Equipment: VCR/TV, Flip Chart, LCD Projector